Access is managed by one or more site administrators per group. Ideally a group will have at least two administrators, so there is a primary contact and a backup to prevent lockouts. These users are typically practice or office managers, supervisors or directors.
Site administrators have the ability to:
· Deactivate users that no longer need access to EpicCare Link or have left the organization.
· Reset a password for a user that is unable to log in to EpicCare Link after five failed login attempts.
· Unblock a user’s two-factor authentication.
· Request access for new users by submitting the new account request for new users within the application.
Site administrators are required to:
· Review First Access Reports on a regular basis to monitor appropriate use and who is accessing patient records.
· Review their team's access on a quarterly basis and complete site verification within 30 days. This review only takes a few minutes and only one of your site administrators needs to review and confirm their users’ access status. If site verification is not completed within 30 days, users from your group will be unable to access the system until verification is completed.