San Ysidro Health offers care coordination services to help patients with their individual healthcare journeys.
As part of this Program, patients will be connected with a Care Coordinator, who will provide them with hands-on support. San Ysidro Health offers care coordination services to help patients with their individual healthcare journeys.
As part of this Program, patients will be connected with a Care Coordinator, who will provide them with hands-on support including:
- Support in improving overall health and in making healthier lifestyle choices
- Assistance with healthcare services, including preventive and maintenance medical appointments and referrals to different departments based on patient needs
- Education on medication and how to manage health conditions such as diabetes, hypertension, and others
- Guidance regarding nutrition and exercise
- Linkage to different San Ysidro Health resources, including behavioral health, social services, referrals, health education, the home health program, and other programs focused on patients with diabetes
- One-on-one follow-up every two to three weeks between visits with their primary care provider (follow-up is provided in-person, over the phone, or via telehealth video calls)
- Education on due care guidelines such as vaccinations, tests, and medical exams
- Access to group sessions of the Project Dulce Program for patients with diabetes. Classes are provided in-person and online in three different languages (English, Spanish, and Arabic).
Care coordination services are available to all registered patients of San Ysidro Health.
If interested in accessing these services, patients can notify their care team or call (619) 662-4100 and ask to be scheduled with a Care Coordinator.